Manager of Logistics
The Manager of Logistics is responsible for overseeing and approving logistics activities for the company. This position will manage all logistics tasks and will lead a group of individuals to reduce costs and increase company profitability. The Manager of Logistics analyzes previous data to make changes to current logistics processes, as well as provide input into the development, implementation, and/or execution of processes to control labor scheduling. The Manager of Logistcs will use their analytical skills to reduce company downtime due to logistics issues, and escalate problems as required, and help drive effective solutions. This position takes part in the hiring process, develop strategies to increase client satisfaction, negotiate contracts skillfully, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.The Manager of Logistics ensures strict safety and compliance requirements are adhered to, service and performance standards are met, and the proper development and coaching of their team.
· Plan and direct all aspects of Rembrandts logistics and transportation programs.
· Manage and oversee all warehousing activites, including, without limitation, warehousing contracts, related shuttle service, tankers (internal) and material handling.
· Review and evaluation of warehousing and transportation alternatives to maximize efficiency and effectives to support business operations.
· Support Rembrandt affiliate (Farm Nutrients) logistics efforts.
· Support plant feed mill logistics
· Manage business risk: Conduct risk assessments to identify compliance gaps and process inefficiencies. Identify processes to close gaps to facilitate implementation of improvements. Establish robust business processes and controls.
· Negotiate contracts and ensure they are aligned to mid-term and long-term company strategies.
· Manage, monitor, improve, and report on all aspects of logistics (storage, transportation, freight costs)
· Create and implement supply chain strategies to improve service levels, reduce cost, reduce lead time, and create operational flexibility
· Collaborate with Distribution and Sourcing management to drive efficiencies across departmental boundaries.
· Ensure maximum customer service, order fill rate, on-time shipment, on-time delivery, order accuracy, and optimal performance, balanced with cost and time/flexibility.
· Manage key internal and client-facing metrics and define strategies for continuous improvement.
· Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current regulations and trends affecting logistics and transportation related activities.
· Identify and implement changes to operations, documents, agreements, etc. to facilitate continuous improvement and adherence to legal requirements.
· Provide direction for and participate in all projects related to transportation/logistics.
· Leverage technology, such as network modeling tools, to model scenarios and simulate the impact of business changes
· Define, develop, and manage performance indicators - set targets and manage vendor performance in terms of cost, on-time delivery, quality, and service levels