It all started with a cornfield and a common vision of a vertically-integrated egg products solution, managing the entire process from grain to finished product. This vision led Rembrandt Foods to become a leading egg ingredient producer in the United States, with global distribution. We supply egg ingredients to food manufacturers, brand owners, foodservice industries, and pet care manufacturers. Our expertise touches virtually every food category, including: mayonnaise and sauces, baked goods, confections, pasta and noodles, nutritional beverages and bars, and prepared foods.
The Cost Analyst develops internal and external partnerships, manages month end activities, leverages assets to maximize performance and minimize waste, identifies risks and opportunities in product movement, builds an understanding of the impact of product mix and new products, and reports key performance metrics. The Cost Analyst constructs and monitors efficient data accumulation systems to provide an appropriate level of costing support for the plant and business owners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conducts day-to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas, and safeguards data accuracy.
Owns responsible behaviors and improves position through process efficiencies and system utilization.
Supports annual plan effort by calculating and loading standards into ERP system.
Compiles current and past trends using key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
Assists as needed in preparation of executive financial package and supports business partner in root cause analysis and solutions into plant variances. Partners with operational staff to prepare and execute programs to eliminate negative variances
Completes monthly financial statement actual vs budget variance analysis.
Constructs and maintains data accumulation systems for an accurate cost accounting system, by SKU, by variable and fixed components
Develops and monitors KPIs, tracks expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyzes fluctuations
Performs monthly reconciliation of inventory.
Coordinates the input and distribution of Dashboard report(s) including financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits
Reviews and analyzes inventory and margin reports, conducts research and performs ad-hoc analyses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS/BA major in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting, finance and/or operations environment
- Experience using an ERP system, preferably SAP Business One and/or Batchmaster ERP systems
- Working understanding of operations and value impact of vertical integration
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access and other Microsoft applications including financial modeling
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Percentages/Fractions/Statistics
- Superior attention to detail and a high need for accuracy
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions – excellent analysis skills
- Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a team member
- Independent Self-Starter with ability to collaborate in multi-department team environment
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; capable of presenting financial information in an easy-to-understand format
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Occasional travel to other facilities may be required.
- CMA, CPA and/or MBA
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Experienced in more than one finance function