It all started with a cornfield and a common vision of a vertically-integrated egg products solution, managing the entire process from grain to finished product. This vision led Rembrandt Foods to become a leading egg ingredient producer in the United States, with global distribution. We supply egg ingredients to food manufacturers, brand owners, foodservice industries, and pet care manufacturers. Our expertise touches virtually every food category, including: mayonnaise and sauces, baked goods, confections, pasta and noodles, nutritional beverages and bars, and prepared foods.
Responsible for assisting with: overall preventative and routine maintenance of buildings and equipment on Layer facility. Unload trucks. Snow removal. This position may require a CDL. Could be an on-call position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating and control of spray machines, outside fogging and mite machine.
- Responsible for the distribution of bait in proper location to schedule.
- Responsible for PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Responsible for maintenance of outside grounds keeping
- Responsible for wastewater checks when necessary
- Responsible for inventories of sprays and pesticides.
- Load and unload trucks with tractor/pay loader
- Responsible for preventative and routine maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Snow removal with tractor and shovel
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Could be an on-call position.
- Assist in regular maintenance department if needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere and equipment
- Husbandry Skills-Maintaining proper feed, water, climate and living conditions in building
- Mechanical, electrical, metal working and plumbing knowledge
- Drive tractors, trucks
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment safely
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Answer alarms
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Moderate English: speaking, writing and reading for safety purposes
- Mathematical skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Computer Skills: Touch screen, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
- Hearing protection/ Safety glasses/Respirator mask/Harness for protection
- Trucks/ Tractor/Ground-keeping equipment
- Hand tools/ Power tools
- Large push broom, kitchen pull broom/Squeegee, floor mop/ High pressure wand/ Air hoses
- Must be able to wear a respirator as deemed necessary by OSHA guidelines and/or management which may require being clean shaven for proper fit.
EEO/AA and Drug Free Employer