It all started with a cornfield and a common vision of a vertically-integrated egg products solution, managing the entire process from grain to finished product. This vision led Rembrandt Foods to become a leading egg ingredient producer in the United States, with global distribution. We supply egg ingredients to food manufacturers, brand owners, foodservice industries, and pet care manufacturers. Our expertise touches virtually every food category, including: mayonnaise and sauces, baked goods, confections, pasta and noodles, nutritional beverages and bars, and prepared foods.
Back-Up Operator - White Dryer
Filling equipment operator, to include but not limited to: packaging equipment, jet coding and/or labeling equipment. Perform duties involving packaging of dried eggs and egg products including; filling equipment operation and proper labeling, date code and lot tracking; ensuring finished product quality and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Assist Operator in dryer responsibilities when needed. Have training and knowledge for running and maintaining the dryer. Assist operator in managing team when needed. Cover breaks and absences of operator. Performs sanitation of and minor maintenance of packaging and labeling equipment, maintain cleanliness of work area and readiness of machinery and building. Must be able to lift 50 – 60 lbs. boxes constantly during course of shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stock and sort product for packaging or filling and replenish packaging supplies
- Packing boxes in dryer
- Have training and knowledge for running and maintaining the dryer
- Assist Operator in dryer responsibilities when needed
- Assist operator in managing team when needed.
- Cover breaks and absences of operator
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams and report malfunctions to manager
- Inspect and remove defective packaging material
- Start machine by engaging controls
- Package product in the form in which it will be sent out
- Record all information per training
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items
- Clean packaging containers and prepare for product packing
- Perform quality activities, training sessions and employee activity teams when neede
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of production process, quality control and personal services
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their maintenance
- Ability to follow all safety and quality policies and procedures
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Ability to see details at close range
- Ability to recognize that there is a problem at hand
- Control Precision: ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without distractions
- Static Strength: ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects
- Reaction time: ability to respond to signals when necessary
- Lifting of 50 lb boxes
- Bilingual: Spanish
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Hearing protection/ Safety glasses
EEO/AA and Drug Free Employer