It all started with a cornfield and a common vision of a vertically-integrated egg products solution, managing the entire process from grain to finished product. This vision led Rembrandt Foods to become a leading egg ingredient producer in the United States, with global distribution. We supply egg ingredients to food manufacturers, brand owners, foodservice industries, and pet care manufacturers. Our expertise touches virtually every food category, including: mayonnaise and sauces, baked goods, confections, pasta and noodles, nutritional beverages and bars, and prepared foods.
Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement Manager uses a combination of industrial engineering and continuous improvement concepts to develop scientific manufacturing standards, best practices, and works with the organizational functions to improve performance. As a key member of the management team, this person plays an integral part of the Rembrandt Foods Improvement Process and works to identify and resolve process and productivity improvement opportunities. Utilizing practical continuous improvement tools, this position identifies and addresses performance bottlenecks and finds ways to run processes better and faster than today and measures success by reducing waste and process losses, improving productivity and increasing the operator's sense of ownership of systems. The Continuous Improvement Manager provides leadership for designated site(s), ensuring consistency, training and mentoring team members in lean production principles and techniques to help build a culture of standards and continuous day-to-day improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops and implements best business practices and institutionalizes throughout the organization; pilots new processes and extends to all locations as needed.
Leads business improvement processes by becoming a business partner with operations and supporting functions, working with them to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and implement agreed upon continuous improvement alternatives
Drives cataloging of opportunities, quantification of opportunities, management of resources to capture data, coordination of ideation and project management to ensure execution of milestones.
Collaborates across functions to ensure consistent implementation of new, improved processes
Establishes measurable criteria to ensure desired results are obtained and provides management with updates via tracking reports reflective of Key Performance Indicators in line with set priorities and timing targets
Identifies training needs for facilities and assists in the deployment of agreed to training techniques, content, and timing
Develops effective influential relationships with internal and external customers, ensuring proposals are commercially and financially informed
Promotes the transformation of a reactive organizational culture to one that is more proactive, utilizing data driven decision-making, and giving priority to preventative actions.
Trains and educates the organization and implements continuous improvement methodologies including 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean, OEE and others
Ensures deliverables support the 4 – P’s (People, Products, Profitability, and Planet)
Reviews business processes to enhance effectiveness and benchmark with Industry Best Practice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BSc/BA in manufacturing, engineering or food processing field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean, OEE, and others CI techniques and their application
- Experience with manufacturing standards and costing processes
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to assemble presentations and summaries in a concise and effective manner
- Working understanding of operations and value impact of vertical integration
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access and other Microsoft applications including financial modeling
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Percentages/Fractions/Statistics
- Superior attention to detail and a high need for accuracy
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions – excellent analysis skills using scientific methods
- Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a team member
- Independent Self-Starter with ability to collaborate in multi-department team environment with ability to lead and influence others using a variety of methods
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; capable of presenting quantitative information in an easy-to-understand format
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Travel required to other facilities:10-20%
- 5+ years of successful managerial experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Food background preferred.
- Experience in a variety of manufacturing areas (accounting, manufacturing, logistics)
- Bilingual (Spanish)