It all started with a cornfield and a common vision of a vertically-integrated egg products solution, managing the entire process from grain to finished product. This vision led Rembrandt Foods to become a leading egg ingredient producer in the United States, with global distribution. We supply egg ingredients to food manufacturers, brand owners, foodservice industries, and pet care manufacturers. Our expertise touches virtually every food category, including: mayonnaise and sauces, baked goods, confections, pasta and noodles, nutritional beverages and bars, and prepared foods.
Manage and operate the equipment of the edible egg drying process. This will include operating the white’s dryer and packaging equipment as well as other required equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Will be responsible for product quality and the completion of production records as required. Plant maintenance and cleaning will also be a key responsibility. Must be able to lift 50 – 60 lbs. frequently during course of the day. Maintain documentation for food safety and product tracking. Lead Dryer operator is also responsible for training future back up operators, and is responsible for 2nd and 3rd shift operators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the white’s dryer and packaging equipment.
- Ensure preventative and routine maintenance is completed and done in the most cost effective manner.
- Ensure the white dryer department is kept clean and presentable.
- Ensure equipment is operating correctly to ensure a high quality product..
- Verify shift documentation and the completion of required operation reports, log tracking and other required paperwork.
- Manage hot room space.
- Sample finished product and log results as required.
- Operator may have to train new Operators.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have ability to perform general maintenance as required.
- Ability to operate hand tools and equipment safely.
- Must be able to lift 50 – 60 lbs. frequently during course of the day.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand.
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Moderate English: fluent: speaking, reading and writing
- Mathematical skills: General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Experience in drying liquid egg
- Fine Motor Skills
- Mechanical and equipment repair skills
- Sanitation experience
- Hair net, Facial net if facial hair, Lab coat, Safety glasses, Ear protection plugs, Non-Slip boots
- Hand tools
- Large push broom, kitchen pull broom/Squeegee, floor mop/ High pressure wand/ Air hoses
- Follow all Safety and Security Procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.
EEO/AA and Drug Free Employer